Thursday, May 10, 2012

I thought I should take a moment to explain what "The Kissing Well" stands for, and really what it is.  The Kissing Well originally was created to be a purposeful non-profit outlet for a company that I used to work for.  TNT Communications, now owned and operated by my folks, were giving monthly donations to all sorts of non-profits.  Along with supporting other non-profits, TNT gave to my personal mission work of Uganda, Haiti and India.  Many trips and the supplies for those missions were funded by TNT.  After some time and reflection we felt we wanted to be more intentional about what we were giving to and how we were giving it.  So we (Mom, Dad and I) decided to create our own non-profit.  After a year of paper work and the generous time of our attorney, The Kissing Well was born.

So how did we land on the name "The Kissing Well."  For most, the name seems strange, but for others they find it calming.  For me, it infuses my two favorite stories in the New Testament, John 4 (the woman at the well) and Luke 15 (the story of the loving father, or better known as the story of the prodigal son).  The grace and mercy that is shown to both the woman and the younger son is marvelous.  These two characters without question didn't deserve their outcome.  But because of the great love of Jesus and the Father, both are given a second chance.  I am a product of a second chance.  I am grateful I serve a God of second chances.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment