Friday, October 19, 2012

IN A DAZE...


I feel like I’m in a daze, a dream-like state.  Annie and Lucy are playing with their new dolls from Nana.  Emma is talking to her best friend Madi Henry…she was hoping to skype, but Terminal 5 here in O’hare hasn’t gotten with the times.  Wendy is re-packing items and getting all of us more ready for our flight.  We board in 30 minutes and our flight is scheduled for 8:35pm cst.  God bless Kent Prather…Kent volunteered to be our chauffer to and from the airport.  Boy did he make the trip a lot more bearable.  On the way I mentioned to Kent that my nerves were beginning to set in.  His comment was vintage Kent, “Well, I guess you made your bed!”  Yeah, I guess we’ve been “making our bed” for quite some time now.   Seems like we’ve been turning the page of life for a while.  But now we are writing again, we are writing stories and creating memories once more. 

It’s difficult to say goodbye…especially to those you love so dearly.  I didn’t keep track of the amount of tears that were shed in the last 48 hours, but I think it’s safe to say they would be measured in the gallons.  And so the moment finally came when we had to say our final goodbyes to my mom and dad, aka, nana and papa.  It was as hard as I imagined.  The girls did exceptionally well, but can’t say the same for mom and dad.  I asked several people to pray for this specific moment, and I think they actually did.  Though the facets came flowing, God was truly there, I even believe He joined in…

4 comments:

  1. You would probably be completely in awe if the Lord ever showed you the number of people He has had praying for you all throughout these difficult steps. Love you guys!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! We have been praying so much for all of you, and are glad to hear things are going well. Can't wait to hear more stories! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very glad to read the update! Live assured you are surrounded with prayer, as are both sets of parents while you are gone! Kent is to funny, sounds just like a Kent statement! Love you all!
    Kathy G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Dad said it best when he said "ya know I never knew trusting could hurt so much!" We love you all more than you'll ever know! Mom

    ReplyDelete