Thursday, September 27, 2012

EYE OF THE STORM

Today is the last day our family will ever call 21 E Lake Estates, Mt. Sterling IL, home.  I feel like we are in the eye of the storm.  One very stress filled moment has passed, while the other waits to pounce.  We will enjoy this moment.  The last night in our home was bitter-sweet.  The girls did well.  Emma tried to stay up as late as she could, but retired around 11pm.  Annie and Lucy spent there last night seeing who could do the best cartwheels.  With the house becoming emptier and emptier over the last few months, the only things left were a couple of air mattresses and our toothbrushes.  Seems like we said goodbye to normal a while ago.  Wendy did well too...until we prayed our last prayer we will ever pray in the room we prayed so many prayers in.  I won't go into detail, but you can just imagine.  Truth be told, I had to pry her out of our prayer room, or maybe it was just the smell of fresh coffee that made her finally get moving!  For me, God is truly keeping me together for the moment.  I just hope it lasts through the first month in Kampala.  I'm sure my moment will come, and when it does, I know He will be crying along side me.

There are so many of you that are praying for us.  Some of you have told us with a text or email.  I just want to acknowledge we can feel your prayers.  For all of you that are doing so, can I ask you to pray specifically about a few items.

1. Pray that God makes it clear the exact house in Kampala we are to purchase...I really believe this item is crucial for our families health and well-being and ministry longevity.

2.  Pray that God keeps "ME" patient and balanced, not getting ahead of His plan; providing me with the leadership and wisdom for my family and Friday Night Church.

3.  Pray that God protects Wendy and the girls from sickness and/or disease.

18 days until blast off...

          

1 comment:

  1. Exciting times ahead. Praying for you all.
    Lynn Tomlinson

    ReplyDelete