Monday, August 6, 2012

Stuff

As the semi truck pulled away with most of everything we held so tightly to for the past several years, one of my neighbors looked straight at me and asked me if I was nervous.  Which I replied, "You know, actually I haven't felt more glad to be with less."  Which she graciously said back, "Yeah, I guess it's just stuff."  For the record, I really hope the container makes it to Kampala, Uganda in a decent time frame.  The company (Nile Cargo) claims it will take 10-12 weeks from the time it leaves New York to the time it arrives in Kampala, but we're not holding our breath.

So what to do until October 15th...the day we leave, the day we depart the USA and head to Africa?  A few churches have asked us to come and present our mission, and this month we go and speak at 3 of them.  Our girls start a brand new experience called "home schooling" very soon.  For the most part they are all looking forward to it.  Wendy is making sure all of our health and wellness concerns are being taken care of.  Plus she keeps me grounded, which is a full time job.  Continuing to build awareness and support seems to be my number one focus for the moment, though I am chomping at the bit to be there.

So for those that care to know, I have updated our needs list.  It has changed due to the container being gone now.  So please, if you would, take a moment and look at it and see if there is anything you can do to help.

A special thanks to everyone that helped us pack up our "stuff" into that 20x8x8 container.  And how can I forget to say thank you to Kathy Grady, Linda Luthy and Sandy Prather for the amazing meal they provided for all of us packers!  Below are a few pics of the day...








No comments:

Post a Comment